Here’s the format for the SPS club champs for 2013. It comes with certain restrictions and warnings which carry dire consequences if not adhered to… The purpose is to encourage participation in events, encourage support of local events, have fun and celebrate and assist in providing a friendly, safe and competitive environment.
The format is as follows:
1. There are 13 races to choose from
2. 8 of these will count towards your club champs points tally
3. 10 points for a distance category win with points reducing by 2 for each subsequent placing (e.g. first male and female in the same event earn the same points)
1. You need to be a financial member of South Pine Striders at the time of the event for the points to count.
2. The 13 races is not to encourage you to do all 13 but rather provide options and time for recovery. Choose wisely! Mary will have your guts for garters if you hurt yourself!
3. No complaints will be entertained. Tell someone who cares…
4. You need to run in your own registered number and no husband/wife tag teams will be tolerated
5. You need to run in Striders club kit
6. Your safety and health and that of other competitors is of primary importance
And the races are:
1. 13 Jan Resolution run (11km)
2. 9 Feb Mt Glorious Trails (22km)
3. 24 Mar Twilight (10km & 21km)
4. 6 April Pinnacles (18km)
5. 28 April Noosa (10km & 21km)
6. 19 May Pine Rivers Festival – Pine Rivers Charity Fun Run 7. (10km)
7. 2 June Doomben (10km & 21km)
8. 16 June City 2 South (14km)
9. 7 July Gold Coast (10km, 21km & 42km)
10. 4 August Brisbane Running Festival (10km, 21km & 42km)
11. 25 August Sunshine Coast (10km, 21km & 42km)
12. 14 September Twilight Bay Run (10km & 21km)
13. TBC October Toowoomba (10km, 21km, 30km & 42km)
A comprehensive events calendar will be posted on the Striders website and will include walking, running, cycling and tri-athlon events mainly in SE Qld. This will be posted during the course of the coming week but by 31 Dec 2012 at least. Merry Xmas.